Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Pre-Bastille Day

So, the internet in my dorm isn`t working at the moment, and this post is the best that I can do for now with a French keyboard.
A few days ago, I attended a curious phenomenon called the "Paris Kiss Party." This festival was a gathering of young and old in a Parisian park with an incredible DJ (Pony Pony Run Run), and apparently the purpose of this festival was to celebrate the kiss. Attendees were encouraged by a very enthusiastic MC to kiss their significant others, their friends, and even random strangers, and, for even more excitement, everyone was given free balloons, stickers and t-shirts. The kiss festival is going on tour to Berlin, Madrid, and London later this summer, and if it sounds as if I've made this up (it kind of does) they have a great website that you can check out:

http://www.desigualkisstour.com/

It was such a surreal experience to see thousands of people making out with each other in a field, but then again, this is Europe. I got three t-shirts, and if you are nice to me when I get back, maybe you can have one.
And don't fret, there were plenty of ambulances on hand just in case anyone suffered from, um, exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment